The Corporation always strives to integrate its business values and operations in an ethical manner to demonstrate its commitment to sustainable development of the various constituents of our society. The CSR commitment of NSIC positions its social and environmental consciousness as an integral part of its business plan and as a step towards this direction has committed to strengthen the quality of life of the underprivileged sections of the community.
The diversified CSR applications are spread across the country in the need for specific sectors like education, health, disability, capacity building and expansion of human capabilities. Health Care & Medical Assistance to Specially Abled and Other Weaker Sections of Society:
- Nine medical camps at Jalandhar, Phillaur, Kapurthala, Hoshiarpur, Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Pathankot, Batala and Tarn Tarn were organized in the state of Punjab. Some 415 specially abled persons were provided 441 artificial limbs from these camps. In addition, tricycles, wheelchairs, crutches, rollators, elbow crutches, auxiliary crutches, walking stick, braille cane, etc. were provided to 144 divyangs at Siddipet district of Telangana and 264 divyangs at Ahmedabad district in Gujarat.
- Health camps were organized at ten villages—Ralawata, Peenglot, Khatoli, Singara, Mohan Pura, Raamner ki Dhaani, Cheetakheda, Salemabad, Sarana and Mangra in district Ajmer, Rajasthan, focusing on awareness building on prevention of common ailments, promotion of hygiene and sanitation, etc. Medicines and support services of doctors were also provided to the 5,650 poor villagers. Diabetes treatment camps for the weaker sections of the society in association with the state Government of Delhi at Chhatarpur were organized by NSIC where 570 diabetic and hypertension patients were treated. Education
- Education is the key to the task of nation building as well as to provide requisite knowledge and skills required for sustained growth of the economy and to ensure overall progress.
- NSIC provided assistance to the education centre in the slum of Dakshin Puri, New Delhi, to the primary school-going children where approximately 116 children were benefitted in every month.
- NSIC provided educational facilities & nutrition supplements to the children of domestic workers/daily-wage workers who are away from their homes. Under this initiative, some 98 children were benefitted per month.
NSIC has set up a library in Kolar district, Karnataka, where some 30 students are taking benefit daily. Women Empowerment Women face economic and social challenges in the society. Many women in weaker sections try to earn income for their families by undertaking work after acquiring certain skills. In this perspective, NSIC provided vocational training on dress designing & tailoring (skill development) for 180 women belonging to weaker sections at Hudhkeshwar, Gond wana, Katol, Kharbi, Dighori and Godhni in Nagpur district Maharashtra.
Skill Development & Computer Training Centres for people with disabilities and other weaker sections of community NSIC provided vocational programmes in computer applications, tailoring, English speaking, personality development, music & handicrafts at Jodhpur (Rajasthan) where 200 divyangs students were benefitted. Divyang and underprivileged students receiving vocational training in computers at computer centre set up by NSIC under CSR initiatives with implementing agency Handicapped Welfare Federation (HWF), Delhi NSIC provided vocational training in the field of computer to 442 students in New Delhi.
In addition, the corporation provided running cost of incubation centre earlier setup by NSIC for the training in computer & beautician courses. Some 86 students were benefitted under this programme.