News Update/ Press Release
Indian Business Leaders join Government and UN Chiefs to build a better future at the UN Global Compact Leaders’ Summit
UN Global Compact Network India ( UN GCNI), New Delhi, 14 June 2021- The United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit will virtually convene Heads of State, CEOs of major corporations and UN leaders. It will take stock of the converging global crises of the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change, increasing socio-economic inequalities and the unchecked corruption to offer solutions for a sustainable future.
UN leaders, CEOs and Heads of State including H.E. António Guterres, UN Secretary-General; MDM Halimah Yacob, President of the Republic of Singapore; H.E. Kim Boo-Kyun, Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea; H.E. Andrew Holness, Prime Minister of Jamaica; Alok Sharma, President, COP26; Julie Sweet, CEO, Accenture; Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric; Frank Cooper, Global Chief Marketing Officer, BlackRock will address the event.
Exclusive Sessions of UN GCNI at Leaders Summit :
- LN India Breakout Session – Raising the Ambition for Gender Equality in the post Covid World – Jun 16, 8:15 am – 9:00 am IST
- LN India Breakout Session – Living in Harmony with Nature: Advancing Private Sector Engagement in the post 2020 Biodiversity Framework – Jun 16, 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm IST
- Why your company Should join the Youth & Innovation Accelerator, 16th June 2021, 05:30am: 06:15 IST
Representation of UN GCNI by Shabnam Siddiqui, ED , UN Global Compact Network India ( One as speaker & one as moderator ) :
- CEO’s Panel discussion : Accelerating Progress Towards Setting Science- Based Targets, 15th June , 10:00 -10: 45 PM IST
- Uniting Against Corruption: Launch of the UN Global Compact Anti -Corruption Collective Action Playbook , 16th June , 6:00- 6:45 PM IST
The Indian confirmed speakers include:
- Ashwini Saxena, CEO, JSW Foundation
- Divya Sharma- India Executive Director, Climate Group
- Alka Mittal- Director (HR), ONGC, India
- Madhulika Sharma- Chief Corporate Sustainability, Tata Steel
- Parineeta Cecil Lakra- Country People and Culture Manager, IKEA India
- Ranjan Kumar Mohapatra- Director (HR), IndianOil
- Tarishi Kamra- Associate Director Human Resources- Talent Management, Capability, Culture, Diversity & Engagement, PepsiCo India
- Vaishali Nigam Sinha- Chief Sustainability Officer, ReNew Power
- Zainab Patel- Director (Inclusion & Diversity), KPMG Indi
- Shabnam Siddiqui- Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network India
Over 26 hours of continuous virtual programming, speakers, and guests from 69 Global Compact Local Networks will discuss responsible business practices through the lens of pressing issues such as the state of sustainability; credible climate action; tackling corruption through collective action; decent work and ensuring living wages; accelerating women’s leadership and bringing innovative sustainable investment instruments to market.
About UN GCNI: As a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General, UN GCNI, India network of the United Nations Global Compact ( UNGC ) is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals.
For more information, follow @gcnindia on social media and visit their website at www.globalcompact.in