News Update /Press Release
SNIS Marathon to support people with need
A Virtual Marathon (run/walk) will be organized by Sharanya Narayani International School (SNIS) to raise funds for Karunashraya, a Bangalore-based Hospice Trust. This is the highly anticipated third edition of Run for Care, and even the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic couldn’t surpass the efforts and zeal from doing this! The institute will be conducting the event both live (in-person) and virtually. Individuals are all welcomed to participate for those beyond cure!
“Bangalore Hospice Trust – Karunashraya” is a joint project of the Indian Cancer Society (Karnataka Chapter) and the Rotary Club of Bangalore Indiranagar which provides free professional palliative care for advanced-stage cancer patients beyond treatment. Karunashraya’s main mission is to provide compassionate palliative care for patients with terminal illnesses through quality medical, emotional, spiritual, and social support.
As said above the event will be in both modes, viz., the physical Marathon and the virtual. However, in the virtual mode of the event, participants will record their run/walk using a mobile phone with apps like Strava, Garmin and Nike Run Club. Post recording, they can then upload the details on the Townscript webpage.
The sole objective of organizing this run is for charity. All funds raised will be donated to Karunashraya. Through this run, we hope to not only directly aid terminal patients at Karunashraya but also raise awareness about palliative care centers in general and the ways in which we as individuals can contribute to them.
- Details of the Run:
- Date: Jan 26th, 2022 to Feb 6th, 2022
- Race Categories:
- Virtual Event: 21K Run, 16K Run, 10K Run, 5K Run, 3K Run, 5K Walk, 3K Walk
- Registration cost: Rs 600 / person for all race categories
- Participants who have registered for the event will get a T-shirt and medal (within India). Participants who finish the run and upload the details in townscript can download the E-certificate.
- RULES & REGULATIONS:
- One participant can only run in one race category
- Parental consent needed for participants below the age of 10 to run the race.
- There will be no cash prizes for the finishers.
Registration Deadline: Registrations will close on 6th, February 2022.