26 October, 2023: The Trade Officers’ Roundtable Conclave on International Trade & Services was organized by Committee for Development of International Trade, Services & WTO (CDITSWTO) under leadership of CA. Dheeraj Kumar Khandelwal, Chairman, CDITSWTO and CA. Hans Raj Chugh, Vice Chairman, CDITSWTO on October 25, 2023 at Hotel Lalit, New Delhi.This distinguished gathering was orchestrated by the Committee for Development of International Trade, Services & WTO (CDITSWTO), led by the visionary duo of CA. Dheeraj Kumar Khandelwal, Chairman, CDITSWTO, and CA. Hans Raj Chugh, Vice Chairman, CDITSWTO.
The conclave attracted a gathering of luminaries and experts in the sphere of International Trade & Services. Notably, the event witnessed the participation of Trade Officers from 19 Embassies, representing nations such as Cote d’Ivoire, Chad, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Japan, Iraq, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, Niger, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, and Togo. In addition, the conclave welcomed representatives from diverse Overseas Chambers of Commerce and Export Promotion Councils.
This remarkable assembly also saw the presence of three distinguished guests: Dr. D Suresh, IAS, Principal Resident Commissioner of Haryana, Dr. Vijay Mehta, a National Executive Member of the BJP National Foreign Affairs, and Mr. Akash Taneja, Additional DGFT at DGFT. The Conclave received further distinction with the attendance of CA. Aniket S Talati, President of ICAI, and CA. Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal, Vice President of ICAI.
One of the pivotal moments of the conclave was the renewal of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) between the Export Promotion Council for EOU & SEZ (EPCES) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). This renewal signifies a commitment to nurturing greater collaboration, innovation, and mutual growth. The synergy between these two organizations has not only streamlined financial reporting and auditing practices in EOUs and SEZs but has also contributed to enhancing the overall ease of doing business in India.
The discussions during the conclave were structured around several critical themes, all with a central focus on enriching international trade and services. These key areas included:
- Facilitating Inbound & Outbound Investment: The participants discussed strategies and initiatives to promote and support both inbound and outbound investments, fostering economic growth and collaboration to make India as investment friendly destination.
- ICAI Participation in Inbound & Outbound Delegations: A request was made to the foreign embassies to involve the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in inbound and outbound delegations as Indian CA’s are the total business solution provider and facilitate major investment decisions in corporates.
- Capacity Building Programs: The conclave explored options for capacity building through various modes, including virtual, physical, and hybrid methods which would be an integrated part of skill development and knowledge enhancement in the field of international trade and services, harmonization of accounting standards, forensic audit, valuations, insolvency and other contemporary areas.
- Facilitating MOU with Professional Accounting Organizations (PAOs): The attendees discussed the importance of forging partnerships through MOUs with Professional Accounting Organizations (PAOs) in various jurisdictions for strengthening cooperation and collaboration in the accounting and financial sectors for which supports and cooperation was sought from foreign embassies.
- Exploring Placement Opportunities: The round table conclave focused on exploring placement opportunities for Indian Accounting professionals in the international market, creating avenues for career growth and professional development for which ICAI would play a pivotal role.
In conclusion, the Trade Officers’ Roundtable Conclave emerged as an eminent platform that fostered cooperation, enriched trade opportunities, and advanced services on the international stage. The exchange of ideas and agreements during this event was a significant stride towards realizing these collective objectives.